cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving and Rebuilding Working Set will

aerodame
Contributor III

I have 2 questions: 

1) Best practices:  When you create a new KDS project and then save it and close it and remove it from the project pane, how do you reopen it?  The  Project -> Open Project is grayed out and will not browse. The only way I've figured out how to open a project is to Import it.  But that only works if there is a WorkingSet file which is not created by default.

2) Creating a Working Set?   I've figured out that I need to export to a Working Set to a file in the project director (which is a catch22 because there is no way to create the file if it doesn't exist).  So, I've created a kds directory and "touched" a file to create a wsd file.  Then I can export wsd settings into it.    There doesn't seem to be  away to "CREATE" a working set when you export unless I use my method above and create an empty file initially.   Is this a bug in the KDS code?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen.

use File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace

Select root directory: select your workspace

You should see your project there, if you did not remove sources. I have just tried in KDS 3.2 and it worked well.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

aerodame
Contributor III

Yes, that worked.  I was trying to import from the Project of Projects method.    The problem still exists on being able to export a Working Set file if it doesn't exist already.

I start from scratch and create a Kinetis 2.0 project, then check to make sure that it builds and I can run the debugger on the FRDM-K22F boards that I have.  Then I create a Working Set by some name related to this project.  (which is a bit misleading because it doesn't store that with the project in that instant.  Then I thought the right thing to do was to export to create (store) the projectname.wsd file.  When the export can't find a file by that name it won't create one... (this is the confusing part for me -- why?)... SO I just coerce it to store a file, by going to my mac terminal and "touching" a wsd file in a folder (also doesn't exist) called kds.

Then I can save(export) to that wsd and all is well.  I can then save this all to GIT, check out to other machines and use import to pull the whole project in by its working set.

I now see that I can save and restore projects by the GENERAL option.  So, maybe I'm trying too hard by using the WSD.   But that is the design pattern I saw in all the example files so I thought that was the way to go.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello stephen,

1> Yes ,In KDS,  open one project use the "import" button .

2> About your this question , could you please describe it clearly ?

You'd better show your steps one by one , then  tell me at which step have error .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos