cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS run on ArchLinux 64bit.

haidong_zheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I manually extract KDS Debian beta version under ArchLinux 64bit and copy files to correct place,  /opt/Freescale/KDS_1.0.1/bin/kinetis-design-studio could run on my ArchLinux platform.

I have tried to create and build a KF64 project based on SDK .

But how to import /opt/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/apps to KDS project ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Kinetis SDK does not include KDS projects. You need to create a SDK project with the NPW and then add the SDK files to it.

0 Kudos

haidong_zheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See... what is NPW ? , for SDK demos like "hello world" maybe only need a C source code file, but for "i2c xxx" maybe need application source codes and maybe driver ? HAL? platform ? code, how to handle those ? ,Could you give an example ? Thanks!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NPW, that's the New Project Wizard (File > New > Kinetis Design Studio Project).

For about all the different parts needed for an SDK project, see the Kinetis SDK documentation inside KSDK_1.0.0-Beta\doc

I hope this helps as a starting point.

0 Kudos

haidong_zheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks, I will check SDK document.

Another question, If I import CM10.3 K60 MQX project to KDS,  Need I copy some board start up files from CW 10.3 install directory to KDS project ?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You cannot directly import CW 10.3 projects: KDS and CW are using differnt project file/formats. Yes, they are similar, but not the same. I recommend that you create a new project and add your files to that project. And you cannot share a project between different Eclipse versions if the project format and build plugins are not the same.

0 Kudos

haidong_zheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The problem is just the which files I need add, in CW 10.3 board start up files will be added  auto based on CW supported, while  in KDS, without PE, no chip and board special start up will be auto added.

0 Kudos