cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Static Library Project - Bug Report +Fix for future versions

Jump to solution
eli_hughes
Contributor V

There is a bug in KDS V 1.1.0.     I wanted to create a project that builds a static library (CMSIS DSP in this case).   I have done this plenty of times in CW.

Process:

1.)   I created a KDS project

2.)  I deleted the Startup code

3.) I changed the build artifact to a Static library   C/C++ Build->Settings-->BuildArtifact

An error occurs when the archiver is started.   I tracked it down and it turns out that  system build variable "cross_ar" is not defined by default.   Under C/C++ build , build variables I set cross_ar to "ar" and was able to get a project to build.

Ideally there should be a nice wizard for static library projects that have this build variable set.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eli,

thanks for reporting this! Indeed, this is a problem of the tool chain in KDS. If you switch to library artifact, the Archiver setting is empty.

The correct fix in my view is to specify 'ar' as Archiver, and then it worked for me:

pastedImage_0.png

I have a ticket submitted on this issue so it gets fixed.

thanks,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eli,

thanks for reporting this! Indeed, this is a problem of the tool chain in KDS. If you switch to library artifact, the Archiver setting is empty.

The correct fix in my view is to specify 'ar' as Archiver, and then it worked for me:

pastedImage_0.png

I have a ticket submitted on this issue so it gets fixed.

thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Quick update: the issue has been identified, and will be fixed in the next release. Until then, there is the easy workaround to put in 'ar' for the archiever.

I appologize for that problem.

Erich

0 Kudos
eli_hughes
Contributor V

Thanks Erich:

I also found this error:

https://community.freescale.com/message/434661#434661

0 Kudos