KDS Cannot install, cabinent file is corrupt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Cannot install, cabinent file is corrupt

jason2
Contributor I

I'm trying to install KDS. I am developing for Hexiwear, which according to them requires KDS. When installing I get the following error: "The cabinent file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.". I have tried re-downloading the installer, but get this every time. I'm trying to install on Windows 10. Is my file really corrupt? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Jason.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I tested my KDS3.2 install folder on win10 64bit, I didn't have any error.

Can you please try install on another computer?

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jason2
Contributor I

Thank you for the suggestion. I was able to install on my Win7 machine. I am disappointed because I prefer to do development on my Win 10 machine.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jason.

KDS supports 64bit win10. if you can use the install package on win7, that means the install package should not have problem.

I searched this error in google, this problem should be a system issue rather than KDS install package. I post some of the related discussions I found

Why is disk1.cab corrupt on every software download / install - Microsoft Community 

What is Disk1.CAB and How to Fix It? Virus or Safe? 

Error: The cabinet file disk1.cab required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used – Su... 

Another option I can think of is that, you already installed KDS on win7 computer. Thus you can copy the install folder from win7 machine to your win10 computer. then open KDS from it.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos