cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 1.1.1  What happened to

Jump to solution
johnbaker
Contributor IV

KDS 1.1.1  What happened to #include - "fsl_device_registers.h" ?

I just tried creating my first bare board project with KDS 1.1.1 and   "fsl_device_registers.h"  no longer appears in main.c.  When I try to manually  place it there I get a NOT FOUND eror.

Thanks,

John Baker

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you installed the update from KSDK_1.0.0\tools\eclipse_update\SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse.zip ?

Libor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
johnbaker
Contributor IV

One difference I noticed is that when I select my K64 board and hit 'Next' that the option for Kinetis SDK is not enabled. (See attached screen capture)

John

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Hi John,

That two now - I'm having the same problem.

What is your OS?

Piotr

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Piotrek,

This solved our issue:

installed the update from KSDK_1.0.0\tools\eclipse_update\SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse.zip

Within this zip folder there is a PDF file that describes how to do this. In KDS simply click Help -> Install New Software -> Archive, then select the above ZIP file.

John Baker

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Hi John,

Have done it this way the very first time. Didn't work for me.

Just to confirm:

You:

1 - install KDS 1,1,1

2.- Install KSDK 1.0.0 and integrate it with KDS using the provided SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse.zip file.

3 - And then you do another update using downloaded SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse_1.0.1.zip file.

Can you confirm it?

Thanks,

Piotr

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Piotrek,

Thanks for the info. I just downloaded and updated the KSDK version 1.0.1 but unfortunately I still have the same issue when I try to build the project.

Description Resource Path Location Type

fatal error: device/MK64F12/MK64F12_adc.h: No such file or directory fsl_device_registers.h /UART/Includes/device line 241 C/C++ Problem

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Piotrek,

I probably did not read you post carefully. I can see now, that you are creating the bare project. The bare project does not contain fsl_device_registers.h in main.c because this file comes from the SDK. If you want use this file plus others, you should create SDK project (check the SDK in the New Project Wizard).

If you have still difficulties, please provide information

- what processor did you select

- what options you chose in New Porject Wizard

- what changes in compier settings you did and (if) you added some other files from SDK into the project

Note: I expect you have installed the KSDK 1.0.0.

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

I did step 2 last. (SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse.zip)

I now get the #include "fsl_device_registers.h" statement on new projects but now I have another issue with the ‘includes’ when I try to build the project. I am documenting this issue and will do another post soon.

John Baker

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

So, you loaded SDK 1.0.0 on 1.0.1?

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Piotrek,

Maybe that is part of my problem. I only have KSDK_1.0.0

Is there a KSDK_1.0.1?

John

0 Kudos
piotrek
Contributor III

Yes, there is.

Use Install New Software from KDS IDE or download .zip file from freescale.com/ksdk.

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Windows 7

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you installed the update from KSDK_1.0.0\tools\eclipse_update\SDK_1.0.0-GA_Update_for_Eclipse.zip ?

Libor

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Libor, I'm having the same issue as the original poster, i.e. "device/MK64F12/MK64F12.h: No such file or directory".

I have all of the updates already installed via the Install New Software menu command in KDS 1.1.1.

My KSDK_PATH is currently set to C:\Freescale\MQX_KSDK_1.0.0-K24FN256.

Things on my system are possibly a bit messed up because I was installing lots of software trying to get MQX and KDS to work, so now my Freescale directory has the following folders:

Freescale_MQX_4_1

KDS_1.1.0

KDS_1.1.1

KSDK_1.0.0-Beta

MQX_KSDK_1.0.0-K24FN256

I'm currently trying to use the beta MQX for KDS SDK module, which is why I have KSDK_PATH pointed there.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should try next?  I assume I need KSDK_PATH set the way it is, but when I searched my filesystem, MK64F12.h is in all of the aforementioned folders, *except* for MQX_KSDK!

I decided to add the KSDK folder that has that file to the Includes section in Cross ARM C++ Compiler and Cross ARM C Compiler, and now I get a slew of other compiler errors, like macro errors and "fatal error: MK64F12/fsl_sim_hal_K64F12.h: No such file or directory".  I could not find that header file anywhere, so I was not able to add it to the Includes section...

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

I'm not using the MQX, but as far as I know, the MQX_KSDK should be copied "over" the KSDK and the env. variable should not be changed, ie. it should point to the KSDK.

And one note, the KSDK_Beta is not supported by the KDS if am I correct, you should use the KSDK 1.0.0.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for the info, Libor.  It seems that in the process of trying to get various things working, I could have made things more convoluted with all of the installation locations.  Maybe I'll start using a VM instead so I can work in a clean environment.

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

WOOO-HOOOOO!!!

Libor,

Thank you very much! After running the update you described all is well.

Thanks again,

John Baker

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Libor,

This looks like it may solve my issue. Although when I tried installing the KSDK update I received an error (see attached snapshot). Not sure if it is a network error or what. I will try again soon.

Thanks,

John Baker

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

Libor,

I know that I did originally. I do not have this issue with KDS 1.1.0. Is this an even newer version?

Thanks,

John Baker

0 Kudos
johnbaker
Contributor IV

After more research I also changed my KSDK_PATH system variable from C:\Freescal\KDS_1.0.0 to C:\Freescal\KDS_1.1.1  then tried creating another project using the K64 Tower board.  Still no #include fsl_device_registers.h

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

KSDK_PATH should point to the Kinetis SDK library not to the Kinetis Design Studio, e.g. C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0

Libor

0 Kudos