Rlottie integration with IMXRT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rlottie integration with IMXRT1050

RN2104
Contributor II

Hello I am trying to compile the rlottie library for i.MX RT 1050 using the MCUXpresso, I want to use it along with the LVGL however I am facing some issues with compiling it like

../rlottie/src/vector/vdrawhelper.cpp:125:10: error: 'mutex' in namespace 'std' does not name a type

125 | std::mutex mMutex;

| ^~~~~

I think it it due to my current toolchain does not support the threading? If there's any way how can I add support to it? I am new to this library and also have very littel experience with MCUXpresso, I know there's precompiled library for IMXRT1050 on freeRTOS but I want to compile it by myself for bare metal.

Current C++ Version : GNU C++ 11

0 Kudos
7 Replies

zongchunyu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rohit,

the rlottie only support meson build and cmake build.  please refer to the build steps mentoned here:
https://github.com/Samsung/rlottie/blob/master/README.md

We use the cmake build mentioned in above README. I am not sure how to build rlottie using MCUXpresso.

Best Regards

Zongchun

0 Kudos

RN2104
Contributor II
If I follow the steps mentioned in the above README file it builds for the windows(as my host machine is windows) I am not sure how to build it for IMXRT and how to select it's toolchain.
0 Kudos

zongchunyu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you can build the library using cross compiler. MCUXpresso has provided this cross compiler.

Best Regards

Zongchun

0 Kudos

RN2104
Contributor II

Hello @Zongchun appologies if I am not able to explain the problem enough but I tried cross compiling the rlottie library using the MCUXpresso cross compiler which is basically located at "D:\MCUXpressoIDE_11.9.0_2144\ide\tools\arm-none-eabi" and CMAKE build system but when I execute the "make -j 2" or simply "make" it still throws the same error :
/vector/vdrawhelper.cpp:64:34: error: 'mutex' is not a member of 'std'
64 | std::lock_guard<std::mutex> guard(mMutex);
I think it related to the toolchain, since there's protection macro "#ifdef _GLIBCXX_HAS_GTHREADS" which is preventing code from #include<mutex> getting compiled any idea how to enable it? if I explicitly enable it it results in errors related to gthreads?I think I might need to compile the library using RTOS toolchain but I am not sure if this will work out or not please suggest me anything that I might be doing wrong

0 Kudos

zongchunyu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The precompiled library can also be used for bare metal.

Best Regards

Zongchun

0 Kudos

RN2104
Contributor II

Hello @zongchunyu 

Thank you for your reply I like your idea of integrating the precompiled library,but I would like to build it from the source code. for now I will use the precompiled library but if it's possible then it would be great to rebuild the library from source code.

Thanks and Regards!

Rohit

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @RN2104 

Rlottie code needs to be customized to compile.

Best regards,
Hang

0 Kudos