Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashback shows when creating new projects on FreeMaster

Jump to solution
Vergil
Contributor I

Dear NXP Team

When I open FreeMaster, it stops here and shows these message. Then flashbacks happened.  

NXP Free master.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

this is similar issue as reported recently here. It seems the August/2023 MS Windows or Edge browser update is causing some incompatibility between FreeMASTER and Edge interface.

As a temporary workaround, please rename the "c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.2\FreeMASTER\html" folder to "html.bak". When FreeMASTER starts, it will not find the welcome pages in this folder and will show a default empty content. 

The "welcome" experience of the FreeMASTER will be limited and also the Edge HTML rendering is not functional, but at least some functionality remains. 

We are looking into this issue now and hope to provide a better solution soon.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

this is similar issue as reported recently here. It seems the August/2023 MS Windows or Edge browser update is causing some incompatibility between FreeMASTER and Edge interface.

As a temporary workaround, please rename the "c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.2\FreeMASTER\html" folder to "html.bak". When FreeMASTER starts, it will not find the welcome pages in this folder and will show a default empty content. 

The "welcome" experience of the FreeMASTER will be limited and also the Edge HTML rendering is not functional, but at least some functionality remains. 

We are looking into this issue now and hope to provide a better solution soon.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
Vergil
Contributor I

Dear Michal

THANKS. The problem was solved by using your method.

I hope NXP can provide a better solution to this problem soon.Thanks again.

Regards,

Vergil

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

the issue should now be fixed. Please update to 3.2.2.2 available at www.nxp.com/freemaster

Please close this thread if you test the hotfix successfully.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos