cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double entry with shortcut Ctrl+V

AndreasVetter
Contributor I

Hello FreeMASTER-community,

I use FreeMASTER version 3.2.2.2 with HTML and Javascript.

In case I copy a string and paste it in an "input"-field which I created in HTML-code it will be inserted twice when I us the shortcut "Ctrl+V" for the paste-action. This behaviour is wrong.

When using the shortcut "Ctrl+Z" afterwards only one entry is deleted. So I have to press "Ctrl+Z" twice to delete both entries. This implies the paste-action is executed two times when pressing "Ctrl+V".

In case I use "right mouse-click" + "paste" than the string is only inserted once.

In case I go to the menu bar --> "Edit" and than click "Paste" the string is only inserted once.

In case I open "Edit" via the menu bar where I can see "Paste Strg+V" but than press the shortcut "Ctrl+V" via my keyboard the string is only inserted once.

In case the string contains a quotation mark and I use "Ctrl+V" the string is inserted only once.

Can you reconstruct my problem? 

Do you think it is a problem on my side or is ist a problem of FreeMASTER 3.2.2.2?

Thank you very much for an answer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AndreasVetter
Contributor I

Hello Michal,

thanks for your very good answer and hints. I tried to switch to Chromium, but my code seems to not work with this setting. 

Anyhow this is not a major problem for me. I will use the right mouse-click and than "paste". It is just a little mor uncomfortable.

Of course it would be nice to get it fixed in one of the future updates of FreeMASTER.

Regars, Andreas

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Andreas,

unfortunately, this issue remains unresolved in the new 3.2.3 release just posted online. We were not yet able to get to the root cause of the issue. It remains on our to-do list for the next development.

Thank you for your understanding,
Michal

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Andreas,

thank you very much for reporting this issue and for detailed analysis. I can repeat the issue when web view is switched to Edge mode. Not always, the double paste issue seems to occur in approx 50% of Ctrl+V events. The shorter the 'V' keypress is, the less probably the issue occurs. Very strange indeed.

One paste action definitely comes from FreeMASTER accelerator key. From some reason, the Edge WebView2 component decides to paste by itself too, but only if it is quick enough to capture the Ctrl and V keys pressed. When pressing/releasing the "V' key is fast, it does not happen.

We will investigate more and will put more information here.

As a workaround, you can switch to Chromium/CEF mode if your page code does not depend on ActiveX or other Edge features.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos