cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record function error in 3.1.2.4 when freemaster connect 16bits RAM CPU

Sharingan
Contributor I

Hi:

I found record function run error in Ver 3.1.2.4 when freemaster connect 16bits RAM CPU, The 3.0 version has the same fault, but the 1.4 version runs normally. I checked the code and the problem is located:freemaster software does not handle the bit width, so the addr calculation error in _FMSTR_ReadMem function in the 16bit memory causes the recorder upload error (_FMSTR_ReadMem function will be execute after the data recorder function run over). addr parameter in _FMSTR_ReadMem function accumulate should be divide FMSTR_CFG_BUS_WIDTH.

2021-09-17_094834.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sharingan
Contributor I

Hi, there

Thank you for your reply.

My platform is TMS320F28377D, I migrated the new version communication firmware on this CPU and use Ver-3.1.2.4.

The old version communication firmware works well when I use Ver-1.4 freemaster, but go wrong in Ver 3.0 and the new version communication firmware with Ver-3.1.2.4 has the same fault.

The error is shown in the picture above.

Fault maybe like this: Freemaster will upload the record data when recorder function triggered. For example, buf[1000] stores the recorded data, and 1000 pieces of data need to be uploaded. In 8-bit memory mode, a maximum of 240 data is transferred each time, and the address increases by 240, but in 16-bit memory mode, the address should increase by 120.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

OK, understood.

Please note that the license terms and conditions of the FreeMASTER tool does not allow you to use it with systems not based on NXP processing units.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

thank you for your bugreport, we will make sure to retes and implement the fix that you propose.

Can you tell what 16bit-RAM platform do you use? Is it one of the older DSC devices?

Thank you,
Michal

0 Kudos