cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to a target EVB board? I'm using S32K144EVB

Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

Hi Community Members,

I'm using S32K144EVB and flashed a PWM example program in it and I'm using FREEMASTER to debug it. but whenever i click the Go button its not connecting to the board. 

Do i've to flash any other code into the target uc to gain access to it in FREEMASTER. I'm new to this platform.

The error throwing has been captured in screenshot and attached for your reference.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

Hi @iulian_stan Which FreeMASTER Communication Driver will support the S32K1xx series uC - here are the list of drivers available - please refer the screenshot i attached.

Thanks,

SDRS

0 Kudos

Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

Hi @iulian_stan The link you shared helped me in someway, but i'm still having issues in installing freeMASTER Communication Interface - I'm using S32K144EVB and S32K3 series EVB's but in select development board there is no option for selecting this board - Screen shot has been attached.

Thanks,

SDRS

Screenshot 2024-02-15 172452.png

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Packages for automotive platforms (S32x) are not distributed via MCUXpresso SDK builder.

S32K1xx software support can be found on https://nxp.com/s32k1

Capture.PNG

In terms of FreeMASTER Driver, those can be found on https://nxp.com/freemaster

Capture1.PNG

Note: S32 Design Studio is the IDE for automotive platforms.

Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

appreciate your help in my issue and I admire your in depth knowledge..........Kudos

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Coding_Torque-SDRS,

In order to use all features of the FreeMASTER(desktop tool) you need to add a FreeMASTER Driver to your embedded application - check this post for more details about FreeMASTER Driver - Communication Driver - Application Configuration

If you did not add FreeMASTER Driver you still can use FreeMASTER tool with limited functionalities. In this case you need to configure BDM communication plugin - refer to the README file included in FreeMASTER installation folder C:/NXP/FreeMASTER 3.2/FreeMASTER/plugins/bdm/doc/bdmpgi/Readme.htm for BDM plugin configuration.

Hope it help,
Iulian