cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster 3.2 Launches and then terminates and will not run

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

Subject provides all the details

I have been using freemaster for about 1 year now without issues. 

This issue just started yesterday. 

Launch FreeMaster 3.2, it indicates "Welcome page is loading - Please wait" and just terminates and does not run. 

I noticed that my account at NXP was no longer working as well and had to get that re-instated. 

I re-installed Freemaster from a download that I already had for version 3.2 which I think is the newest version. 

thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

srikarthik0601
Contributor II

Have exactly the same problem. I am using it for the first time so I don't really know if the problem is on my side or the software itself.

0 Kudos

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

Hi Michal,

The workaround to disable the welcome page by renaming the html-folder works

thanks for the assistance .

paul

0 Kudos

PaulSMagna
Contributor II

Hi Michal thank you for your response. 

I have deleted the reg entry, this did not work . and then I reinstalled per the link provided and this did not work as well . 

I then to restore factory  layout of windows I deleted 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Finally i Uninstalled and then reinstalled again 

nothing has worked . any idea 

You will need to restore factory default layout of windows and toolbars then in the FreeMASTER. 

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Paul,

the issue should now be fixed. Please update to 3.2.2.2 available at www.nxp.com/freemaster

Please close this thread if you test the hotfix successfully.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Paul,

this is very strange indeed. Thanks for you assistance when resolving the issue. As the first experiment, I'd like to disable the welcome page to be displayed in FreeMASTER after it starts. This will rule out that the issue is in the Edge web browser component used internally by FreeMASTER.

The easiest way to do it is to rename the "c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.2\FreeMASTER\html" folder to "html.bak". When FreeMASTER starts, it will not find the welcome pages in this folder and will show a default empty content. 

Please reach out to me at michal.hanak@nxp.com directly to continue solving this problem together.

Thank you,
Michal

JPE
Contributor III

Hi Michal,

We have experienced the same issue on several computers in our company (also with FM 3.2 and also since Friday).
The latest release (3.2.2) also shows the issue.
I have also installed an older version (2.0.9.0), which still works fine (including the welcome page).

The workaround to disable the welcome page by renaming the html-folder works for us, both with FM 3.2 and 3.2.2.

BR. Jörn

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

the crash may sometimes be caused by corrupted registry values in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Freescale\FreeMASTER. You can try to remove (or better rename) this FreeMASTER key using regedit tool. You will need to restore factory default layout of windows and toolbars then in the FreeMASTER. 

If this does not help, please reinstall the latest FreeMASTER 3.2.2 version. Get it for free from https://www.nxp.com/freemaster. Make sure you run the installer as administrator.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos