cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER Unexpected file format

Jump to solution
tatwal
Contributor I

When i load a FreeMASTER project from the example project list i get the error "Unexpected file format"

My understanding is that FreeMASTER is backward compatible.

tatwal_0-1685742625687.pngtatwal_1-1685742649861.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

it should be backward compatible. Files saved in older versions can be open in newer versions of the app. Please try to open it in the latest version of the FreeMASTER (3.2.1).

It is not forward compatible, files saved in newer version cannot be open in older versions of the app. Partially, this can be solved by using the pmpx XML format.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tatwal
Contributor I

It works with the latest version FreeMASTER (3.2.1)

Regarding the *.pmp file is this readable in any other format? so i can check the version.

I couldn't see a *.pmpx file in example folder.

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

no, the .pmp file format version is only readable as a binary input to FreeMASTER app. Actually the first two bytes of the file reflect the internal format version, currently at v49 - but this information has no value to you without knowing how do these versions map to app releases.

FYI: In FreeMASTER, you can Save-As your project in .pmpx file. You can then try to open this file also in older versions of FreeMASTER.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, 

it should be backward compatible. Files saved in older versions can be open in newer versions of the app. Please try to open it in the latest version of the FreeMASTER (3.2.1).

It is not forward compatible, files saved in newer version cannot be open in older versions of the app. Partially, this can be solved by using the pmpx XML format.

Regards,
Michal