cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KIT-HGDRONEK66 different motors

Jump to solution
rubenS
Contributor I

Hi, I recently bought the KIT-HGDRONEK66 and I wanted to build it following the gitbook. In the gitbook they use BLDC brushless motors 2212 920 kV but in my package there are flycat i-rotor 5010-750kv.

I couldn't find any website where these motors are in this kit.

Did I get the wrong motors or do these also work? The packing list says that I've got the right motors.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Lucky you! You got a kit with the new motors / bigger propellers that have better performance. We have not updated our gitbook yet. Sorry for that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Lucky you! You got a kit with the new motors / bigger propellers that have better performance. We have not updated our gitbook yet. Sorry for that.

0 Kudos
rubenS
Contributor I

ok thank you. 

Is it necessary to wait for the gitbook or is it more or less the same?

0 Kudos
GeraldP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Mounting and connection to ESC's is the same. Also motor spin direction is the same.

0 Kudos
PGB123
Contributor II

I got the same motors but was given 4 counterclockwise threaded propeller hubs instead of the 2 counter and 2 clockwise. Was that a mistake in packaging or am I missing something?  

0 Kudos
ArianRF
Contributor IV

Hi @PGB123 @GeraldP 

I got the same motors that look all counter clock wise. Did you figure out how to make 2 of them clockwise?

Cheers,

Nader

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The motors are now all CCW (same direction) threads. Just ensure they are tightened well so they don't unscrew.

ArianRF
Contributor IV

Thanks Iain.

I am putting your comments from a different thread here for others  who have the same questions.

"They SPIN CW and CCW, but the screw thread is all in one direction.

The rotation direction is controlled CW/CCW by swapping any two of the three wires."

Cheers,

Nader