TWR-56F8257 |Default Demo and Tutorials

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-56F8257 |Default Demo and Tutorials

colin_whitehead
Contributor I

Where can I find the source code of the default demo application running in the TWR-56F8257 dev. board? The tutorial content for this board seems to have dissapeared.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MC56F8257 is a bit old, maybe the example code has been removed from the website, I can not find the example code on the link either.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/additional-mpu-mcus-architectures/digit...

Anyway, I attach the some of the example code, hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

colin_whitehead
Contributor I

In order to use these examples I need Codewarrior v8.3 working on a Windows 10 64bit PC. As far as I've seen v8.3 is not supported on Win10. I've tried installing v8.3 and replacing the ccs folder with the ccs folder from v11.1. Unfortunately v8.3 still crashes randomly. Always crashes when I try to close a project using Processor Expert.

colin_whitehead_0-1652257449340.png

What am I suppoed to do?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I see your issue, the crashing of CW for DSP56F800E ver8.x tools on Win10 OS is a known issue, I appologize for the inconvenience, because the tools is a bit old, it has not be upgraded for a long time, I will report it to CW team.

Now you can try to use CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x,  create a new project, then port the old code or use PE to add application code.

I am sure that the CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x tools is okay and support the MC56F82xx family.

Regard

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos