cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with uClinux and MCF5329EVB

jesortsan
Contributor I
Hello,

I'm trying to build and boot uClinux on the M5329EVB. I'm following the steps detailed in the Application Note 3408 but when I have to build the kernel (command "make" in "uClinux-dist" directory -- page 12 of the AN3408) it doesn't work.

When I execute the command "make", a lot of text messages start to appear on the screen. I attach you the final part ot that text, where the error messages appear.

I've tried the hole build process as root (administrator) and as normal user, and it doesn't work with any of them.

Can you help me with this issue, please? Do you know why those error messages could appear?

Best regards

Jesús Ortiz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kwong
Contributor I
At a guess, it looks like the shell script doesn't have it's execute permission bit turned on.

As a quick test, I would run "chmod a+x extra/scripts/conf-header.sh".  Re-run make and see if you get any further.

As for why the execute bit is turned off... it may have been the way you extracted the source code into the directory?

Ken.
0 Kudos

matt_waddel
Contributor I
Hi Jesus,

I believe all you need to do is make that script executable. It downloads and installs with permissions rw-r--r-- instead of
rwxr-xr-x.  So you should cd to the scripts directory and type:

chmod 755
./conf-header.sh

Then restart the the build.  That should get you going again. 

(I believe there's one or two more scripts with the same issue.  So you might encounter this error again.)

Regards,
Matt
0 Kudos

jesortsan
Contributor I
Hi,

I've followed your indications and it works, but a new error message appeared (ERROR 1 in attachment). I supposed this error was related to busybox application and I removed it from the kernel configuration.

Then, the ERROR 1 disappeared and another error related with boa server appeared. I removed the boa server from the kernel configuration and a ERROR 2 (see attachment) apeeared.

First, I'm not sure the solution for these problems is removing userland applications from the kernel... Any idea??

Second, I don't have any idea about the ERROR 2. I installed the GNU C/C++ compiler but the file "libgcc2.c" doesn't exist in my system. Any idea?

Thanks for your help

Best regards
Jesús

PD: sorry if my english isn't good enough
0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
AN3408 is a very good appnote to read but with GNU tool chain and uClinux and kernel updates happening often and the users environment being different from one box to another it could easily be a setup issue.  If I had more hair I'd loan it to you :smileywink: .Or you can take the time to resolve the config&setup.
An alternative is to download the LTIB (Linux Target Image Builder) BSP for the MCF5329:

It has entire development environement tested which include: LTIB (perl script that runs like the xmenu-config too), GNU tools suite, mcf5329 specific drivers, and runs on the m5329evb.

Regards,
David
0 Kudos