**New: MCF5225x with on-chip USB, Ethernet, and CAN with a FREE Freescale MQX™ RTOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**New: MCF5225x with on-chip USB, Ethernet, and CAN with a FREE Freescale MQX™ RTOS

rav
Contributor III

Freescale introduces V2 ColdFire® MCF5225x, a one-stop-shop connectivity MCU family that integrates on-chip USB, Ethernet, CAN and encryption for various industrial application requirements.

** Featuring Ethernet + USB + CAN + Flexbus + encryption-functions, with up to 64k SRAM and 512k FLASH.

Recognizing that the majority of an embedded development teams resources are spent on software, Freescale is shipping our next-generation MCF5225x ColdFire devices with the market-proven Freescale MQX™ RTOS and software stacks, complimentary. The combination of high-performance ColdFire MCUs and Freescale MQX Software Solutions gives developers a comprehensive, cost-effective solution that helps accelerate application development success.

To learn more about this solution, watch a great video.

Read the full news releases on the ColdFire® MCF5225x and Freescale’s MQX™ software solution.  

Learn more Freescale MQX RTOS:  http://www.freescale.com/mqx

Learn more Freescale MCF5225x: www.freescale.com/mcf5225x

Freescale MQX RTOS features:

• RTOS with full priority-based, preemptive scheduler
  • Real-time TCP/IP communication suite (RTCS) with TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet, DHCP, SNMP and more
  • USB host and device stacks (HID, MASS, HUB)
  • MS-DOS file system (MFS )
  • Board support package (BSP) I/O driver supporting CAN, UART and more
  • HTTP Web server support
  • Supported by CodeWarrior™ Development Studio with kernel and task awareness
  • IAR development suite support with Freescale MQX RTOS awareness planned for 2009

Start Feedback on Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions Forum

Message Edited by rav on 2009-01-22 11:42 PM
Message Edited by rav on 2009-05-07 02:20 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

costofmcf52259d
Contributor I
I have M52259demokit with me. It is working nicely. But i have a problem in finding the temperature sensor on the kit. please tell me where is the sensor located on the kit. Thanks in advance. please please please reply someone. I am eagerly waiting.
0 Kudos

Jaux
Contributor I

There is no temperature sensor on the M52259DEMOKIT

0 Kudos

Jaux
Contributor I

I got the M52259DEMOMCU after your roadshow earlier this year - MQX worked very well and we subsequently designed a new product line around the 52259 device. All along the M52259DEMOMCU unit worked excellent and then I decided to get a M52259EVB to test certain exiensions which was not available on the DEMO

1. Out of the box the EVB and the built-in demo works well until you try to work the labs - the onboard P&E BDM refuse to talk the CodeWarrior and embedded flash programmer, even after CWCF 7.1.1. and 7.1.2 as well as MQX 3.4 was installed. In fact not one of my existing CF development boards with P&E BDM's will talk to CW

2. There is not a scrap of documentation on the CPLD embedded in the board

3. Can somebody look at this please AAMOU?

0 Kudos

hwg
Contributor I

Dear Rav,

In the first post under this topic made in January 2009,  it is said that MQX will be available on IAR platform. I have few queries in this:

1. Any progress on this issue ? We have no info on either IAR or Freescale website.

2. Will RTCS stack also be available alongwith MQX? All will all other facilities of MQX also be available?

3. IAR currently charges separately for its RTOS / Stack etc. Will Freescale MQX/RTCS if used with IAR development tools be free like how is now with Codewarrier tools?

Regards,

0 Kudos

DiegoFB
Contributor I
Hi this microcontroller is a good option if you want to work with audio Streminger but I've noticed that no conversion module D / A output for example for a speaker, I wonder if there are any compatible module to adapt the MCF5225x ??
0 Kudos

paulsky
Contributor II

This sounds really good........but if I want to use these and all the great features of the firmware do I need to have the professional version of Code Warrior ? Or will it all compile / run on say the basic version or standard version ?

paulsky

0 Kudos

rav
Contributor III

MQX related questions are posted here: 

Here is a related answer: http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=MQXGEN&thread.id=155 

0 Kudos

Harman
Contributor II
Great! When the devices are released for sale, please? Thanks.
0 Kudos

DiegoFB
Contributor I
The tool can be downloaded by the link fresscale "CodeWarrior" is used for programming the MCU MCF5225x??? and physically as the connection is made to program the MCU MCF5225x???
0 Kudos

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II
Does anyone know when these will be available?

I received my M52259DEMOKIT and ported our software to it.

We're considering migrating our hardware from the 52221 to the 52252 or 52254, and we'd like to build approximately 50 units in the next month...

But I'm nervous if the parts might not be available in that timeframe.

-- Rich

0 Kudos

D_Basler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
MCF5225x family devices are qualified and avaialble in 100/144LQFP packages.
144MAPBGA packaged devices will be available in late Feb / early Mar.
Full details on the website - go to the MCF5225x page and select 'Buy / Parametrics'.
You can request free samples (in limited qtys), or purchase larger qtys via you local Distributor - see 'Order' column of table.

0 Kudos