cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX RTOS for MCF52233

Lakshmi
Contributor II

Hi,

Has anyone tried using MQX RTOS for MCF52233 processor?

Is it advisible to use MQX RTOS?

We had a project earlier where we used InterNiche TCP/IP RTOS for our application.

What is the major difference between MQX RTOS & InterNiche RTOS?

Please Help!!

NOTE: We just want a multithreading RTOS to be implemented for our application, NO interface to TCP/IP.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

As far as I know, there is a board support package available for the MCF52233DEMO board, which means there is support for the MCF52233 CPU.

Whether it's advisable to use MQX instead of Interniche on the 52233 I don't know. MQX is said to have a small memory footprint, but I think it is still larger that the memory footprint of Interniche.

You may also want to check the uTasker operating system.

0 Kudos

aersek
Contributor I

If you don't use MQX for ethernet, just as multithread scheduler it will probably have reasonably small footprint. I'm not familiar with MQX scheduler, in earlier post is suggested uTasker. UTasker has great ethernet support but has lack of scheduler performance which you are probably looking for. It has state machine scheduler which is similar to InterNiche Light scheduler.

Best regards

Andrija Ersek

0 Kudos

Lakshmi
Contributor II

Hi,

finally is anyone trying to use MQX for MCF52233?????????

0 Kudos

pikson
Contributor I

Hi,

I red all of the documents from freescale website, but still i dont now

if it is possible to port MQX RTOS to MCF52233??

Has anybody managed to do that??

0 Kudos

MCF52233
Contributor III

Hi ,

I reaaly dont knw d answer but these are my inputs to u.

1>I guess ur working since long time on Interniche RTOS,  So if u want to shift to MQX then again u need to understand d its task control mechanism in simpler word u hv to do rework releted to OS.

2>Insted of, stick to interniche RTOS ,where u can minimize d section which r not required to u, plz read AN3507 which clear more picture to u

Hope this will help u.

0 Kudos