cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error:  Connect Failed" when erasing flash on M52259DEMO & CW 7.2

jejeje
Contributor I

Hi there!

This error was getting me mad when I started programming the board, until I learned that at every flash cycle, I must to desconnect the board OSBDM port, wait a few seconds and reconnect it.

But today the trick did not work anymore: after five or six cycles where once and again CW's Flash Programmer reported this condition ( also after a Windows reboot ), I'm giving up and asking you, friends, what's going. Or at least, a good recipe to circunvent this class of annoying things.

Ah, of course, when the error displays, the "Details" button shows a dash line. Very helper data.

TIA

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jejeje
Contributor I

I must to thank to CW team. Because they puzzled me and that way I learned a lot about USB. And regarding CW itself, of course. Yes, I spent some hours searching the net trying to understand how an USB  port can suddenly stop work ... as a flash programming channel, but not for pen drive reading / writing.

Today, after a cold restar of everything, I tried two times again, at no luck.

As a last resort, being a bad guy, I suspected that CW was fooling me regarding the true reason behind the "error".

In fact, the project I had in the session was the uTasker demo. 

In the same session, I closed the uTasker project and opened a MQX bases one ( of my own ).

It flashed without comments.

Moral: when CW dont like something it pretends a flash error.

0 Kudos