cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about "JTAG configuration file to override RCW"

wolfking2000
Contributor I

Hi, All:
  Now I read the code warrior's documentation "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture Processors Targeting Manual" which is from CW version 10.5. In section 8.2 "Using a JTAG configuration file to override RCW", it says the TAP debugger can be used to override the on board RCW by using the host's JTAG configuration files, but it doesn't explain how to operate.
  I try this by following the section 8.3 "Using a JTAG configuration file to specify multiple linked devices on a JTAG chain".
After I import the configuration file "T4240RDB_RCW_1666_666_1600-rev1.0.txt", the original content of "initialization
target script" is missing. (the attached figure show this)
  So I have to set it back manually, does it contradict with the imported JTAG configuration file?

170320_170320.JPG1.JPG

170321_170321.JPG2.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Actually this is a defect of CodeWarrior, after configuring JTAG configuration file to override RCW, CW initialization file will be unchecked, the user needs to configure it manually.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is not a defect, it is normal behavior. CodeWarrior can't guess the initialization and memory file needed in a new configuration. It up to user to provide correct configuration.

Adrian

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos