cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem putting code in flash with CW 7.1 build 14 for MCF52223

Jump to solution
skyguy
Contributor III
I have a program that runs fine on my M52223EVB and my custom board in RAM.  I have not succeeded in putting my program in flash.  What am I missing?
1) Set target to INTERNAL_FLASH
2) Compile
3) Start Flash Programmer
4) Unselect 'custom target' to use the default target INTERNAL_FLASH
5) Use the flash memory base address 0x00000000
5) Erase flash - this succeeds and blank checks successfully
6) Attempt to program - I get the error message "0x00000200 bytes of Target Memory at 0x20000000 is not within flash boundaries."
The RAM is set at the default value of 0x20000000, but I don't see how that matters or know what to do about it.
Thanks,
Rick
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
skyguy
Contributor III
OK, I figured it out.  I'm using the Processor Expert, and didn't understand why there were two instances of the CPU bean.  So I had at some point deleted one of them - the one set up for flash.  Instead of getting an error that there is no processor assigned to the target, you get RAM settings when you compile for flash.  Once I restored another CPU instance and set it to match another project, I could load the flash.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
skyguy
Contributor III
OK, I figured it out.  I'm using the Processor Expert, and didn't understand why there were two instances of the CPU bean.  So I had at some point deleted one of them - the one set up for flash.  Instead of getting an error that there is no processor assigned to the target, you get RAM settings when you compile for flash.  Once I restored another CPU instance and set it to match another project, I could load the flash.

Rick
0 Kudos