cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012 and JTAG debugging with Segger Jlink

gokhangunay
Contributor III

Hi,

I do not know if there is a related debate here (that I could not find), but I have a problem with running debugger (segger jlink) with ls1012 (on frdm-ls1012a). The debugger detects the cpu successfully, but cannot halt it which renders the debugging impossible. I would ask if there is any body successful in debugging ls1012a with segger jlink? I would also ask if anybody knows what are the steps to take to be able to debug with jlink? Is there also any document over details of ls1012a debugging procedure?

Thank you in advance for your helps.

3 Replies

Hector_Villarruel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear gokhan gunay,

You will need to contact the Segger team, for further debug the related issues. 

Please note that this situation is related to Segger only.

Best Regards,

Hector Villarruel.

Hector_Villarruel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear gokhan gunay,

You will require an script to be able to debug the device using Segger Jlink,

Let me keep researching with the team about this situation, as soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hector Villarruel.

gokhangunay
Contributor III

Dear Hector,

Thank you much for your interest and help.

I have found a solution with JLink + openocd solution to use jtag as openocd provides a nice gdb server to debug any code on the LS1012A device. I also checked the JLink script documents and it seems probable to create a script to manipulate the interface behavior. But since the openocd solution is enough for my needs I do not know when I will dive inside JLink scripts.

Thank you again for your helps. 

Gokhan