CodeWarrior Wire Tap

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Wire Tap

AACIntern
Contributor I
We are currently using Fedora Core 3 and the Linux hosted CW PPC ISA Platform edition for the mpc8272ADS and have performed all updates for the USB Tap.  We are unable to get the USB Tap to work, the run/pause and Tx/Rx lights flash all different colors when we try a flash blank check or try to load a module, but we always have an error about the wrong JTAG clock speed and there is nothing else we can change to fix this (as far as we know), we have tried all the different speed settings and none of them work. 

After banging our heads for weeks now, we want to try and use the Wire Tap that came with codewarrior instead, but under the CCS remote connections menu, only USB Tap and PowerTap Pro are available options.  I was hoping someone would be able to inform me on how to set this up, perhaps you have to do it using a port number or something?

Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance for any help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kenc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The "wrong JTAG clock speed" can occur if you are using one of the new RoHS-compliant USB TAPs but have not installed the CodeWarrior patch.  You can find the patch at:

Ken
0 Kudos

DistiCasMgr
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Sorry, WireTAP is not supported under Linux and in fact its now an obsolete product so newer versions of CodeWarrior for Windows (V8.5 upwards) will also no longer support this.
0 Kudos