CW 7.2 Release Notes available separately?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 7.2 Release Notes available separately?

Jump to solution
jbezem
Contributor III

I looked around the site for the release notes on CW 7.2 for Coldfire, available for download, to make a decision on when to upgrade our 7.1.2 installations.

However, I couldn't find them separately from the installation package, and I do not want to install the full package just yet, without knowing what's been done.

Can anyone point me to those release notes, or make them available in the forum?

Thanks,

Johan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Here you go (see attachments)...

Be warned though... if your app is Coldfire Lite based, it won't work when compiled with CW7.2.

CW7.2 uses the CPU registers to pass parameters to functions, whereas CW7.1.x used "regular" passing via the stack. Coldfire lite uses some assembly language routines that assume passing parameters via the stack. I managed to fix these routines and got Coldfire Lite running again, but there are still crucial things that don't work as supposed. For me it's a no-go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbezem
Contributor III

Thanks for all three documents, very instructive, and foreboding a lot of unplanned work...

Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
This is probably a very important document... (see att)
0 Kudos
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Here you go (see attachments)...

Be warned though... if your app is Coldfire Lite based, it won't work when compiled with CW7.2.

CW7.2 uses the CPU registers to pass parameters to functions, whereas CW7.1.x used "regular" passing via the stack. Coldfire lite uses some assembly language routines that assume passing parameters via the stack. I managed to fix these routines and got Coldfire Lite running again, but there are still crucial things that don't work as supposed. For me it's a no-go.

0 Kudos