Bring-up custom board using LS1046

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring-up custom board using LS1046

Ellu24
Contributor III

I designed a custom board using LS1046. Now, I want to bring up my custom board using code warrior. What is the first step I should do for this? Which are the documents I must refer for this? I installed code warrior IDE and from where should I begin from?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Ellu24
Contributor III

I have some questions:

1) As per my understanding(not sure ), firstly I should do for custom board is loading of uboot.bin to DDR. Secondly, I want to override RCW values and PBI using code warrior's target initialization file. Thirdly, I have to do flash programming the uboot.bin to flash memory. Are these steps right or not? If any changes, please advice me.

2) For RAM boot process which document should I refer , AN12081 or AN12270?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please duplicate LS1046A_RDB to generate LS1046A_RDB (1), double click it to open "Target Initialization File"

You need to modify the following section for your custom board.

USE_SAFE_RCW = True #use hard-coded RCW option if no valid RCW on the target board.

Modify  "DDR Initialization" section according to your custom board. The flash programming algorithm is running in OCRAM, no need to modify this section for flash programing.

Modify "IFC Initialization" section according to the datasheet of IFC flash.

Modify "QSPI Initialization" section.

Modify the section "Adds Flash devices for this board" according to your custom board.

0 Kudos

Ellu24
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. I have one more question that, If I am using a custom board, which target should I select from target configurator like LS1046RDB,QDS,FRWY. Should I select from these or any other?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could select LS1046RDB and modify CW initialization file according to your custom board.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to "7.7 Using flash programmer from eclipse IDE" in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf to do flash programming.

Please refer to "9.2 Connection diagnostics" in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2020.06\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf to do basic connection diagnostics.

kavinR
Contributor I

Hi,

I managed to reach the CodeWarrior Flash Programmer (after modifying the "useSafeRCW = True", RAM and IFC sections in the target initialization file of LS1046ARDB).

We have only 128MB QSPI NOR flash and 64GB eMMC on our board.

What file should I flash in QSPI NOR (it seems like we can only flash a .bin file) and where can I get it from (I mean which location in LSDK)?

When and where can I flash "firmware_ls1046axxx_qspiboot.img (it seems like we can't flash .imj file using Flash Programmer)?

After flashing, how can I check if I flashed the .bin and .img files with the right configuration?

What is the next step in bringing up the board?

Is there any console where I can see what is going on?

kavinR_0-1709870619562.png

Thank you.

Regards,

Kavin

0 Kudos