What, specifically, creates CodeWarrior Debug Configuration .launch files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What, specifically, creates CodeWarrior Debug Configuration .launch files?

Jump to solution
lisamichauxsmit
Contributor II

I am using the following:

- CodeWarrior 10.6 on Windows

- P&E Micro Multilink Universal FX

- TWRK64F120M + TWR-SER

I have a project up and running successfully on a single laptop. I am able to launch a debug configuration and debug on the tower board.

I am keeping my project settings and ReferencedRSESystems.xml file in a source repository.  When I try to launch that project from a different laptop with the same version of CodeWarrior, I am not able to use the same debug configuration.  Clearly, the ReferencedRSESystems.xml file alone doesn't provide enough information.  I think I need a .launch file, too.  But .... the .launch files don't seem to be generated consistently when I create a new debug configuration.  Sometimes, when I set up a new debug configuration, the .launch file is generated in my project folder.  Sometimes, I have no idea where the .launch file goes (if one is created at all).  I finally have a debug configuration that I like, but no .launch file to go with it that I can move to another laptop (aka another team member).

With the first laptop, despite having no idea where the .launch file may be, I am able to launch across restarts of CodeWarrior and reboots of the laptop.

So, to sum up:

- What, specifically, generates a .launch file?

- What is the known list of places I should look for the generated file?

- If I don't need a .launch file, what other magic settings do I need to haul from one laptop to another to get the same debug configuration to launch successfully?

Resources that I have used, but don't seem to get at exactly what I'm asking:

Flashing with a Button (and a Magic Wand) | MCU on Eclipse

Copy my CodeWarrior Project | MCU on Eclipse

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michaux-Smith:

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

Sharing Debug Configuration with Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Lisa,

In the standard Codewarrior project the .launch files are located in the Debugger directory.

pastedImage_0.png

They do not appear in the Codewarrior browser because of the filter settings.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

You should be able to save these in a source repository along with the other wiles in this directory (.mem & .tcl)?

You can create and change where (& if) they are saved as file by changing the settings on the common tab of the launch settings.

pastedImage_4.png

bye

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michaux-Smith:

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

Sharing Debug Configuration with Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
lisamichauxsmit