What is the differences between Freescale and GNU compiler?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the differences between Freescale and GNU compiler?

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

What's the differences between Freescale and GNU compiler? If I designed the project using Freeescale compiler, how could I change the compiler to GNU in CW10.4?

Thank you.

-Daniel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please see attached document for how to port code from Freescale ARM comipler to GCC compiler, you can also find it under CW10 install\MCU\Help\PDF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please see attached document for how to port code from Freescale ARM comipler to GCC compiler, you can also find it under CW10 install\MCU\Help\PDF

0 Kudos
sven_kaemmer
Contributor III

Hi,

this document for porting from ARM to GCC is very helpful, but in the linker file syntax for Freescale Linker  the command "OBJECT" accessible. What is the equivalent command in the GCC-Toolchain.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Freescale compiler is an ARM compiler made by Freescale and only supports the M4, but not the M0.

The GNU compiler is from ARM Inc, and supports the M4 and M0. Of course as they are different compilers, the options are different.

If you want to move over a project from one to another. I recommend that you create a new project with the wizard (File > New (Bareboard) Project) and then add your source files.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos