Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of IBCC_NEAR keyword in linker / prm files

Jump to solution
sep2kor
Contributor III

Hello,

What is the significance of IBCC_NEAR / IBCC_FAR in linker/prm files?

Can i use the keyword - IBCC_NEAR in my linker / prm file and make the functions calls across flash pages addressed NEAR?

Sandeep

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NavidadRedivivu
Contributor III

Hello Sandeep,

This keyword serves as input for the MemoryBanker. This is a tool that automatically determines an optimized memory layout for your application. If you do not use MemoryBanker you should simply ignore the keyword since it has no effect whatsoever. As far as I remember there is a MemoryBanker chapter in the linker manual with more information. However, please note that this tool is intended more for users who are not familiar with the S12X memory architecture (its goal is to optimize the memory layout starting from the large memory model). If you are using the banked or small mem. model, this is probably less useful for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NavidadRedivivu
Contributor III

Hello Sandeep,

This keyword serves as input for the MemoryBanker. This is a tool that automatically determines an optimized memory layout for your application. If you do not use MemoryBanker you should simply ignore the keyword since it has no effect whatsoever. As far as I remember there is a MemoryBanker chapter in the linker manual with more information. However, please note that this tool is intended more for users who are not familiar with the S12X memory architecture (its goal is to optimize the memory layout starting from the large memory model). If you are using the banked or small mem. model, this is probably less useful for you.

0 Kudos