Kwistick does not connect with the computer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kwistick does not connect with the computer

johannesoksanen
Contributor I

I just got Kwistick and I tried a couple of example projects. My problem is that P&E assistant does not find the board so I cannot program it. I'm using CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 10.7 and Windows 10. Any ideas what to try next?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johannes,

yes, if you try to connect to a Segger J-Link probe without a J-Link connection, this is absolutely a problem.

So you have to create a new connection for your project with the correct settings for your J-Link.

The following Copy my CodeWarrior Project | MCU on Eclipse  explains towards the end the mechanics of a connection in CodeWarrior. I do have projects on KDS for the Kwikstik, but unfortunately not on CodeWarrior :-(

Erich

0 Kudos

johannesoksanen
Contributor I

Thanks! I managed to get one example code to work now.

I made a new project from the scratch with correct settings and then copied J-link and J-link target to the example project in a way you described. BTW, in CW 10,7 there is "apply to" menu for connection too. Huh it was difficult to get Kwikstik to do anything... Lot of stuff to download, install and copy here and there.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johannes,

just in case this is a layer 0 problem: make sure you connect to the correct USB port, see the image on Using the KwikStik K40 Board to Debug an external Board | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

johannesoksanen
Contributor I

Yes,I am using correct one. As I mentioned above J-link device appears in Windows Device Manager and there is a driver version 2.70.8.0 installed. However there is some problems. This is what I get from

"Error launching SPI_MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_FLASH_OSJTAG
ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device"

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Johannes,

Please choose J-link in the debug configuration view :

pastedImage_2.png

If still have problem , could you please take a video or screenshots to show your configuration and steps.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johannesoksanen
Contributor I

I went trough all options on the list, none of them are correct :smileysad: There is no "J-Link" option available. Is that my main problem? 
problem 2.png

problem.PNG

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Kwikstik-k40 board ?

If yes, on this board , the debug interface (J1)is J-link ,

please have a look at  the quick start:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/KWIKSTIKQSG.pdf     

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

johannesoksanen
Contributor I

Yes, I am using Kwikstik-k40 board. I followed the quick start: a cable is in the J-link usb-connector and the switch is turned ON. I can find the board from Windows Device Manager too. I already tried all trick I know, used Google and watched a couple of Code Warrior tutorial videos. Still, no connection :smileysad:

0 Kudos