cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-TAGE use Trace function

Jump to solution
smecolive
Contributor I

Does J-TAGE can enable Trace function in Code Warrior Development Studio?J-TAGE use more wire,why SWD can enable Trace but J-TAGE could not.I use J-Link debugger.And I want to know does Code Warrior Development Studio have Keil-like tracking function?Such as Logic analyzer.etc.Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Tutorial: Getting ETM Instruction Trace with NXP Kinetis ARM Cortex-M4F

You can find the information: As shown above, the SWO trace pin is shared with the JTAG TDO pin. So this means that SWO cannot be used with JTAG, it only can be used with SWD in Tutorial: Using Single Wire Output SWO with ARM Cortex-M and Eclipse

Please check if Data Visualization is that you need(C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\MCU\Help\PDF\Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.pdf)

Data Visualization.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI @smecolive 

What's your chip part number thus we can assign right engineer for your question.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
smecolive
Contributor I

K60FN1M0

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  smecolive,

By J-TAGE, do you mean J-Trace or JTAG interface? I haven't used the Trace of CodeWarrior, so it's not clear whether you are using ETM or ETB or SWO for trace. 

If you are using SWO trace, then it must select JTAG mode.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos
smecolive
Contributor I
I have used ETB to trace.About SWO I think my J-Link is piracy,No SWO function.Can you explain to me what ETM is? I think if I am using SWO trace,then it must select SWD mode,Please confirm it again.And I want to know does Code Warrior Development Studio have Keil-like tracking function?Such as Logic analyzer.etc.I am looking forward to your reply.Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Tutorial: Getting ETM Instruction Trace with NXP Kinetis ARM Cortex-M4F

You can find the information: As shown above, the SWO trace pin is shared with the JTAG TDO pin. So this means that SWO cannot be used with JTAG, it only can be used with SWD in Tutorial: Using Single Wire Output SWO with ARM Cortex-M and Eclipse

Please check if Data Visualization is that you need(C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\MCU\Help\PDF\Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.pdf)

Data Visualization.png

0 Kudos
smecolive
Contributor I
Thanks for your reply,may be that's what I need.
0 Kudos