Debugging variables are garbled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging variables are garbled

smecolive
Contributor I

Debugging variables are garbled.To see the values, have to right click one by one,then click Format , click Hexadecimal, and change it to Hexadecimal.display as follows.Is this caused by a certain setting in encoding and where to fix it?Please help,thank you.

smecolive_0-1663667073411.png

smecolive_2-1663667182226.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please tell us the part number that you are using

Thanks

0 Kudos

smecolive
Contributor I

CodeWarrior Development Studio:Code Warrior for MCU

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

CodeWarrior eclipse is based on eclipse platform, the default variable view type is not hex. You can select all variables in variable window (ctrl+A) , set them as hex show together. It's easier

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

smecolive
Contributor I
I don't have to see variables as hex type.I mean if I don't convert to hex format, I'll see nothing, or just garble (in the default view type).So is there a way to solve the problem of variable window displaying garbled characters in the default view type?
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The variable default show in variables window is string. For example, if the variable is  0x6d, the default show in variables window is 'm'. see below

ZhangJennie_0-1664171347604.png

Only the value shown in ASCII table is visible, other values are "garbled" because they are not ASCII code. This is not a bug.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

smecolive
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,So there is any way to change the default display format? In setting or somewhere?Ctrl + A does not work well.After I execute Ctrl+ A,then right click,but don't show Format option.

Regards,

smecolive

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You will find this in help manuals

ZhangJennie_0-1664430910414.png

Hope this helps,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos