CodeWarrior 11 Debug Software Analysis not Displaying Any Trace Data!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 11 Debug Software Analysis not Displaying Any Trace Data!

briandavidson1
Contributor II

I am using a USBDM on a MCF51JE and have tried every type of trace mode and have had no luck in getting the "Software Analysis" pane to display any information. I don't see the name of the project or target in the pane, either; it's just blank.

Tracing is apparently working because the trace mode Automatic(one-buffer) with target halt when trace buffer is full continually stops the target and I resume, but again nothing displays in Software Analysis. I have tried starting and stopping the tracing repeatedly while halted and resuming to no avail. The status bar in the far right bottom is constantly refreshing and displaying "Collecting trace: <percentage, 0 to 100>".

I have been reading the "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers Profiling and Analysis Tools Users Guide" and as far as I can tell I am following along as instructed. What am I missing?

My configuration is as follows:

Enable trace and Profile

User Options --> Enable Logging

Trace Mode -> (I tried Continuos, Automatic one-buffer (with and without halt), Profile Only)

Trace start/Stop Conditions: Trace is Always Enabled

Target PC Address: 2 bytes

Trace data values: both selected when available (also disabled these, too, to test)

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

briandavidson1
Contributor II

There is no error; everything else seems fine but nothing shows up in Software Analysis. From the screenshots I've seen of the tool the project name itself should be showing in the window. I have tracing turned on. I have tried to start and stop it repeatedly, restart CW and the debug session, etc. CodeWarrior is displaying a trace process indicator in the bottom right whenever presumably trace data is being downloaded (e.g. when sampling %pc every 500 cycles, or in continuous mode). The status window for "background" processes show that trace data was successfully fetched. Yet, nothing displays at all in the Software Analysis window pane.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please share a screenshot of the error that you are seeing on the screen?

0 Kudos

briandavidson1
Contributor II
There is no error; everything else seems fine but nothing shows up in Software Analysis. From the screenshots I've seen of the tool the project name itself should be showing in the window. I have tracing turned on. I have tried to start and stop it repeatedly, restart CW and the debug session, etc. CodeWarrior is displaying a trace process indicator in the bottom right whenever presumably trace data is being downloaded (e.g. when sampling %pc every 500 cycles, or in continuous mode). The status window for "background" processes show that trace data was successfully fetched. Yet, nothing displays at all in the Software Analysis window pane.

Thanks
0 Kudos

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
I understand that probably there is no error window popping up, but I would like to see the steps that you are following through the screenshots to verify why it is displating nothing in the SW analysis window pane. Can you please share screenshots of the steps that you are applying?
0 Kudos