MC9S08PA60 not in the CW10 list? No PA family.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08PA60 not in the CW10 list? No PA family.

timothycole
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to get an MC9S08PA60 working. I have designed it into a new board. I just downloaded the CW for MCU, and installed, but when creating a new project, I cannot choose this micro. The "PA family" is not listed.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Timothy

I don't know which CW10 version you work with.

I suggest you use CW10.6+update2:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10&tid=CWH

You can download CW10.6 update2 directly here:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_UPDATES_MCU_10_6

after install, we can see see pa60 listed when creating a new project.

Untitled.png

hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

=================================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

0 Kudos

timothycole
Contributor I

Hi Zhang, Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing that CW does provide for this chip, but now I need to figure out what I am missing. I tried the first link you provided. I downloaded the two main components (CW_MCU_10-6Update_1.0.0 & CW_MCU_10-6Update_2.0.0), but when I attempted to install them, I got a message that they were already installed. Maybe I should un-install everything, and start over? This software seems to be complex, as it appears to rely on many underlying components. Is there a single file install file, or method to get the latest version? Thank you for your help!  Tim

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Timothy,

these two updates are for CW10.6 but not for other versions. what's CW version do you use? if you don't use CW10.6, please install CW10.6 ( CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale ) first then install updates

hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

=================================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. Thanks!

0 Kudos

timothycole
Contributor I

Hi Zhang, Thank you for your help. I un-installed Code Warrior, and started over using the links you provided. It is now installed.

Thanks again,

Tim

0 Kudos