cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited Project missing components

Jump to solution
ygator
Contributor II

I inherited a project using a Kinetis KL25 processor.  Long story short is that I was able to install "Code Warrior 11.1" and import the project, Clean (All), and Build (All).  To my delight this all worked and created the output hex file that matched the one currently being used.  However, when I went to change the code it ended up running "Processor Expert" and now the code will not build. I get the following problems under the Components section:

Components/Referenced_Components

KSDK1:KinetisSDK - The component KinetisSDK is not supported in this version of Processor Expert

MCUC1:McuLibConfig - The component McuLibConfig is not supported in this version of Processor Expert

Components

WAIT1:Wait - The component Wait  is not supported in this version of Processor Expert

It fails to build because the code calls WAIT1_Waitms in many places which is now undefined.

I am not familiar with this ecosystem so need some help.  Did I configure something incorrectly, or failed to install something, or do the newer version of the development tools not really support this any more?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ygator
Contributor II

Just in case anyone else ends up in a similar circumstance.

I found CW_MCU_v10.6_SE_Offline.exe and was able to install CW 10.6.  I still had the Processor Expert errors, but got rid of them by running Processor Export/Import Component(s) from within CW with the following files from Components 2018-09-30.zip file:
  Part1_Beans_30.09.2018.PEupd
  Part2_Beans_30.09.2018.PEupd
Now with new issues I was able to correct them by running Help/Check for Updates from within CW and I just went ahead and installed all the available updates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ygator
Contributor II

Just in case anyone else ends up in a similar circumstance.

I found CW_MCU_v10.6_SE_Offline.exe and was able to install CW 10.6.  I still had the Processor Expert errors, but got rid of them by running Processor Export/Import Component(s) from within CW with the following files from Components 2018-09-30.zip file:
  Part1_Beans_30.09.2018.PEupd
  Part2_Beans_30.09.2018.PEupd
Now with new issues I was able to correct them by running Help/Check for Updates from within CW and I just went ahead and installed all the available updates.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ygator ,

Yes, CW doesn't support KSDK and it's library. I think you'd better use MCUXpresso IDE for your KL25 project because there is more examples and middlewares in KSDK package.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
ygator
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

It appears the project was built with Code Warrior 10.6.  I assume this version supports KSDK and it's library.  However, under previous versions it only shows 11.0 on the download page.  Where can I download a version that will work?

This is a legacy product that I need to support and would like to get it to work as is without having to change it to work with new development tools.

Thanks

0 Kudos