cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing CodeWarrior projects issue from XP to Windows 10

tolgaacar
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

We have a project running on Windows xp machine for Coldfire (v2 MCF5223x) microcontroller. We are trying to import the project to windows 10, but we get too many "makefile, linker and syntax" errors and we cannot compile the project. is there any way to be able to import the project quickly? What solution should be followed?

Best regards,

Tolga Acar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi tolgaacar 

What's the CodeWarrior versions you are using on xp and win10?

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

tolgaacar
Contributor I

Hello Jennie, 

I'm using v11.1 on the windows 10 side and Codewarrior Coldfire 7.2 (IDE version 5.9.0) on the windows xp side. 

When i try import project from (Import > CodeWarrior > CodeWarrior Classic Project) with .mcp extention, i get the error "This toolchain is not supported for this target".

When I create a bare-board project and try to cleanly import the project with the header and source files, I get a lot of errors. (see: decleration syntax error, function has no prototype, undefined identifier, ';' expected and mingw etc.) 

Thank you for your answer, best regards.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI tolgaacar 

Codewarrior Coldfire 7.2 is classic CodeWarrior while  Codewarrior Coldfire 11.1 is eclipse CodeWarrior. These two IDEs base on different architecture thus CW11.1 can't open CW7.2 project.

Suggestion is to create a new project under CW11.1 on win10 platform, then drag the source code into CW11.1 part by part.

Another solution is provided by P&E, you can refer it if you use P&E debugger. they have Patch for ColdFire 3rd Party Software which allows CW7.2 working on win11. For more information. see:

https://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

As the patch is not produced by NXP, if you have issue with this patch usage, please contact P&E directly.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos