Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If CodeWarrior USB TAP can not be used do DDR verification

Jump to solution
liujianbo
Contributor II

Hi Experts:

I connect to custom board via CodeWarrior USB TAP, under the guide of Doc:QCVS_DDR_User_Guide.pdf, I do DDR configuration and DDR validation on custom board, when connect to target when DDR validation, there is only CWTAP, no USB TAP option, if only CWTAP can be usd to do DDR validation?

Thanks a lot!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The usbtap is obsolete, that's the reason for removing support from QCVS. In this case you should order a CWTAP, because the older version that supports USBTAP are not longer available.

I'm not sure I understand you're second question. Basically, after you create a DDR configuration, the one appears in Properties tab, this configuration is used by Validation.

Note that this configuration is updated by Validation, during Centering the clock, Read ODT and driver, Write ODT and driver. You can revert to original configuration using "Revert to original configuration" button. Operation DDR tests don't change the configuration, only validate it.

Hope this is the answer you expect.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You could try to use the cwtap connection from DDR validation even the probe used is usbtap. It may works. Indeed, the usbtap support was removed from QCVS and only CWTAP is available.

Adrian

0 Kudos
liujianbo
Contributor II

Hi  Adrian:

Thanks a lot for your quick response!!

When I tried to use CWTAP option(but connect with USB TAP), it always failed to connect, do you know the reason why the USBTAP support was removed in new version CW? Should we use the older version CW if only have USBTAP?

By the way, when do DDR validation, if the DDR configuration we did before will be applied automatically(because from doc, in DDR configuration section, I did not find the operation of imply the DDR configuration )?

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The usbtap is obsolete, that's the reason for removing support from QCVS. In this case you should order a CWTAP, because the older version that supports USBTAP are not longer available.

I'm not sure I understand you're second question. Basically, after you create a DDR configuration, the one appears in Properties tab, this configuration is used by Validation.

Note that this configuration is updated by Validation, during Centering the clock, Read ODT and driver, Write ODT and driver. You can revert to original configuration using "Revert to original configuration" button. Operation DDR tests don't change the configuration, only validate it.

Hope this is the answer you expect.

Adrian

0 Kudos