How to create .S19 file, If i don't have burner.exe file in installation path (C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.3\MCU)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create .S19 file, If i don't have burner.exe file in installation path (C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.3\MCU)?

Embionics
Contributor III

I have read the code warrior manual for creating the output file in s19 format. They have explained the procedure of generating .bbl file which uses the burner.exe . But I don't have prog file under

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.3\MCU . Is it due to my codewarrior version? Do i have any other way to generate .s19 file?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Did you mark the checkbox on "generate s file" in project properties - build settings?

0 Kudos

Embionics
Contributor III

Yes,

I have selected the srec in output file format.

I am using CW10.3 for KL25Z. I don't have any section "generate s file" in project properties - build settings

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Amreen:

This option is kind of hidden. The procedure to get the S19 file is explained by Erich (reply above) in his blog:

S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse

Please notice that by default it will generate a file with HEX extension, but the format is actually S-Record. For a workaround, refer to the first comment at the end of the mentioned link.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think in that version the 'prog' folder only gets installed if you have the 8bit (S08) tools installed. Maybe you have them not selected during installation? Then you could run the 'maintenance' mode of the installer and add it.

Erich

0 Kudos

Embionics
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply,

I have reinstalled the CW10.3, by selecting the S08 option. But I did not find the file.

0 Kudos