CodeWarriror v 5.2 malware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarriror v 5.2 malware

tnriley
Contributor III

A couple of months ago I originally started out trying to install CodeWarrior v5.2 Professional, but switched over to CW v5.1 when it was determined that CWv5.2 did not include support for the processor we are using. However, I had not removed the CWv5.2 from the machine and on a recent whole system virus scan 4 files were flagged as malicious. You might want to check the distributables for issues. I removed the installation, but thought that others need to be aware of the problem. No issues were found with the CW v5.1 installation.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK Tim. If you have any problem with CW5.1, please let me know.

Best Regards

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

tnriley
Contributor III

Jennie,

Thanks, but I don't want to go through that again with our site IT folks. My machine gets blacklisted and the report goes to IT and Site management. Since I just went through that, I surely do not want to have my name on the list again especially for the same product.

Thankfully, CWv5.2 did not include support for the controller we are using anyway. So we switched back to v5.1 which has been ok for the most part.

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

tnriley
Contributor III

Jennie,

I didn't mention it but we use SEP as well.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

my version is 12.1.5.

I just download CW5.2 from website but my Symantec can't detect any problem.

I noticed our install file names are not same.

please follow attached video to download CW5.2 again. see if the new download can pass virus detection?

Best Regards

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In my office we use Symantec Endpoint Protection scan these install files but no malicious virus  detected on our computers.

I am not sure if this is a individual problem or a common issue for others.

Anyone as similar problem as Tim's?

Jennie

0 Kudos