Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize Power with Dynamic Voltage Scaling using PVT Sensor on i.MX RT500

kyledando
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generic_NXP_App_SW_logos-1244x966.jpg

Are you looking for ways to increase the battery life of your design that includes the i.MX RT500? 

This new Application Software Pack introduces a Dynamic Voltage Scaling solution based on the PVT Sensor included in the RT500.  The Application Software Pack includes materials that will help you quickly evaluate if this can work in your end application.

Use this software forum to get answers to your technical questions: App SW Pack Forum 

Visit nxp.com/dvs-pvt-sensor for complete details on the Application Software Pack.

Be sure to watch the video walkthrough: App SW Pack Training Page - DVS PVT Sensor 

Below are diagrams that help show the fundamental concepts of the solution.

The 1st block diagram shows the RT500 using the PVT and Temp sensors to adjust the VDDCORE voltage supplied by an external NXP PMIC.  The software monitors the performance of the core logic, adjusting the voltage when necessary. 

956772-CS_i.MX RT500 PVT Sensor APP SW Pack_DVS_BD_v1nm_NoTitle_HR.png

The 2nd diagram shows the voltage being scaled up or down based on the temperature level.

956772-CS_Application SW pack_DVS_BD_Temperature Image_v1nm_NoTitle_NoBackground_HR.png

iMXRT500 

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies