QY2 Replacement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QY2 Replacement

philteuma
Contributor I

We have been using the QY series (16 DIP) for several years but it is about to go obsolete. All the alternatives I have looked at so far have the supply on different pins. Is there a similar chip with the supply on pins 1 & 16 (and preferably 5v), as the QY2?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

Instead of making a completely new PCB, and because you use a DIP MCU, a possibly easier solution would be to make an in-between PCB that sits in the original DIP 'socket' and lets you plug on top whatever new MCU you decide to use (in a piggyback style).  This board should re-arrange any pins to wherever they need to be.

0 Kudos

wendersonolivei
Contributor IV

Hi Phil

I think you don't have a good DIP replacement.

Did you consider to build a new board? In this case, I recommend the PA family. I've worked with that and they are a low cost and good alternative, with on chip EEPROM.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Phil

The only 8 bit MCU that is available on DIP 16 is the S08QE08 but the VDD and VSS are on the pins 3 and 4, in this case you need to make a new layout on your board, if you will perform a new design, in this case I recommend you the S08SH family.

Please let me know if you need more information
Have a great day,
Vicente

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos