Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD with MC9S08LL64

Jump to solution
agustinc
Contributor II

Hello community,

I'm kind of newbie in freescale. I'm trying to implement a code to display anything in a DOT-MATRIX LCD (128x64), but I need a sample on how to start up.

I've read the reference manual but I got lost.

Please anyone to provide me an idea on how to do it and a template so I can do it on my own.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All information needed for the development board can be found in the main page of the MC9S08LL 8-bit Segment LCD Tower System Module.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-S08LL64&tid=vanRED#nogo

To star up with this device, I recommend you to download the Lab Tutorials.

The TWR-S08LL64 file contains an on-module display that allows developers to explore software development using the integrated LCD driver. This Lab Tutorial guide is designed to get you ready to develop your next LCD application using the MC9S08LL64 within minutes.

This file and all the related software can be downloaded from the following link:

www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/train_ref_material/TWRS098LL64LAB2SW.zip

In addition of the Lab Tutorials, I recommend you to download the LCD Driver Specification - Application Note AN3796.

This driver provides a software interface between the custom glass pinout and the LCD module in low-end Freescale microcontrollers.

Please find and download the document from the next link:

http://tinyurl.com/lekdn3c

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have a great day,

David Diaz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All information needed for the development board can be found in the main page of the MC9S08LL 8-bit Segment LCD Tower System Module.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-S08LL64&tid=vanRED#nogo

To star up with this device, I recommend you to download the Lab Tutorials.

The TWR-S08LL64 file contains an on-module display that allows developers to explore software development using the integrated LCD driver. This Lab Tutorial guide is designed to get you ready to develop your next LCD application using the MC9S08LL64 within minutes.

This file and all the related software can be downloaded from the following link:

www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/train_ref_material/TWRS098LL64LAB2SW.zip

In addition of the Lab Tutorials, I recommend you to download the LCD Driver Specification - Application Note AN3796.

This driver provides a software interface between the custom glass pinout and the LCD module in low-end Freescale microcontrollers.

Please find and download the document from the next link:

http://tinyurl.com/lekdn3c

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have a great day,

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
agustinc
Contributor II

Hello David,

I don't have a development board yet, but I was thinking in getting one to get familiar with LCD applications.

I do have a finished board (a prototype one) which a former engineer was working on. Unfortunately, he is not around anymore and relevant information is unavailable, so I'm trying to catch up and keep the project running. I think the best way to get familiar with the MC9S08LL64 would be to have the development board.

Thanks

0 Kudos