JM USB 3.0 Compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JM USB 3.0 Compatibility

nonarKitten
Contributor II

Using the code provided with AN3560, I'm finding the that the JM60 isn't setting up under Windows on new USB 3.0 based motherboard using xHCI (e.g., Gigabyte Z87X). If I disable xHCI in the BIOS, then the JM60 enumerates properly and all is well with the world, but I'd rather find out what's really going on. Does anyone have any clue as to what might be going on?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

I read somewhere that v1.1 devices are not supported on v3.0 ports. Could you try editing bcdUSB setting in device descriptor? It should be 0x0110 for v1.1 device and 0x0200 for v2.0 device.

0 Kudos

nonarKitten
Contributor II

I checked, it's correct (technically it's hard-coded to 0x0002 on the ColdFire, but that's due to USB and ColdFire being endian reversed). It's also very hit-and-miss, on one machine I updated the drivers and the problem went away (AMD) but it still exists on an Intel machine.

Watching the state of the JM through the Intel's boot procedure, it looks like the BIOS enumerates the device on it's own (status LED goes green-connected), then resets it before Windows starts and the device fails to be re-enumerated from Windows. If then reconnect it while Windows is running then it shows up instantly. Reboot and it's gone again.

0 Kudos