cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader location in MC9S08DZ60

jesortsan
Contributor I
Hi,

I have to implement a bootloader for my future application. This bootloader must allow me to reprogram the main application in future actulizations. It'll be simple because it only have to erase the flash memory and program it with the new program.

The MC9S08DZ60 have an internal 2Kb EEPROM in wich I want to locate the bootloader code.

If I write the bootloader function in C with Codewarrior, how can I locate the function code in the EEPROM addresses (for example, from 0x1500 to 0x1700)?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
You need to adapt the prm file to only use the 0x1500..0x16FF area for READ_ONLY segments.

However note that if the boot loader does not cover the reset vector, then it will be possible to lose the target board if your target loses power while just reprogramming the vectors at 0xFFFE. I think the only way to program a reliable boot loader which is to place it below 0xFFFE
(as consequence of this it makes it necessary to implement some interrupt vector redirection, but that's the price to pay for the reliable boot loader.)

Daniel
0 Kudos