KSDK GPIO driver with Processor Expert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This video shows how to use Processor Expert to configure the KSDK GPIO Peripheral Driver with the component fsl_gpio in Kinetis Design Studio.

The steps show how to blink the red and blue LEDs while reading the SW2 button input of a FRDM-K64F. The procedure can be replicated for any KSDK supported board and also with PE Driver Suite. Enjoy!

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi Jorge,

Nice video.  Thank you for creating and posting.

Regards,

David

Excelent video for begginer programmer, can you create more like this?, please.

And, in the video, you did not configure the pin_init:Pinsettings, because you configure each pin with a a gsl_gpio, but, what happen if you configure the gpio in the init:Pinsettings?, how make the hello world program in this way? and, whats the diference (in the program) with fsl_gpio and fsl_gpio_hal?

thanks

Carlos E.

Hello Carlos:

I am glad you found the video useful. Actually I am not so skilled making videos so it takes me some time. If I have a chance let me see if I can come up with more like these.

Also not videos but you can find several documents and guides in the community. See the next lists:

KSDK list of documents

KSDK list of examples

PinSettings is a dedicated component for the configuration of pin muxing and pin features (pull-ups, pull-downs, high drive strength,..). This component only generates code for the initialization of pins, but that's it, you have to add any specific peripheral driver component (e.g. fsl_gpio, fsl_i2c).

You are right that in the video I did not configure PinSettins, because it gets automatically updated when selecting pins for a particular driver component (e.g. fsl_gpio), but other than configure the pin as GPIO I did not require any pin specific feature.

And about fsl_gpio vs fsl_gpio_hal, these components are for Peripheral Driver and HAL layers of KSDK v1.x. See the Chapter 2 Architectural overview in the API Reference Manual for a detailed explanation:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDK13APIRM.pdf

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-01-2015 07:12 AM
Updated by: