AnsweredAssumed Answered

twrk40: Clean MQX and CW10 install: Bunch of warnings when building

Question asked by Brad Arnold on Oct 13, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 by Gavin Li

I don't think I'm the only one who gets these, but I havn't really come across a solution.

When building the BSP (2 warnings):

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm|Compiler|Warning(C:\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40x256\vectors.c|62|54|2|2219|2)=    #pragma  define_section flashx ".flashx" far_abs R  >access mode is "R" but a read-only section was not specifiedC:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm|Compiler|Warning(C:\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40x256\vectors.c|114|64|2|4081|2)=    #pragma  define_section vectors_rom ".vectors_rom" far_abs R  >access mode is "R" but a read-only section was not specified

When building a fresh, emply project (3 warnings):

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isgraph multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >psp_twrk40x256_d.a(io_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isupper multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >psp_twrk40x256_d.a(io_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Linker command file warning at line 139>Object "__FLASHX_START_ADDR" has initial value. Assigning it to new location >may have unexpected side effects

And, if you included the shell in an otherwise empty project you also get these 2 warnings:

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol Shell_flush_cache multiply defined in shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_cache.o  >   ) and shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_flush.o     )>Ignoring the definition in shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_cache.o     )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isdigit multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )

Why? And how can I either fix these warnings properly, or at least supress them.

Thanks,

Brad 

Outcomes