cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twrk40: Clean MQX and CW10 install: Bunch of warnings when building

Jump to solution
brad_ci
Contributor II

I don't think I'm the only one who gets these, but I havn't really come across a solution.

When building the BSP (2 warnings):

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm|Compiler|Warning(C:\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40x256\vectors.c|62|54|2|2219|2)=    #pragma  define_section flashx ".flashx" far_abs R  >access mode is "R" but a read-only section was not specifiedC:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm|Compiler|Warning(C:\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk40x256\vectors.c|114|64|2|4081|2)=    #pragma  define_section vectors_rom ".vectors_rom" far_abs R  >access mode is "R" but a read-only section was not specified

When building a fresh, emply project (3 warnings):

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isgraph multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >psp_twrk40x256_d.a(io_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isupper multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >psp_twrk40x256_d.a(io_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Linker command file warning at line 139>Object "__FLASHX_START_ADDR" has initial value. Assigning it to new location >may have unexpected side effects

And, if you included the shell in an otherwise empty project you also get these 2 warnings:

C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol Shell_flush_cache multiply defined in shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_cache.o  >   ) and shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_flush.o     )>Ignoring the definition in shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_cache.o     )C:/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Warning>Symbol isdigit multiply defined in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  ) and >shell_twrk40x256_d.a(sh_util.o      )>Ignoring the definition in libc_Thumb_LE_v7M.a(ctype_aeabi.o  )

Why? And how can I either fix these warnings properly, or at least supress them.

Thanks,

Brad 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrM
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

these warnings are more like FYI.

They were left there so you can see, that some standard functions are overloaded and .flashx section is a kind of floating area placed at the end of the flash memory.

You can suppress the warnings in Project properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings ->Arm Linker -> Input.

Regards,

PetrM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sps
Contributor I

I continually get the same set of similar warnings  on any MQX 3.7/CW10.1 project that starts with RTSC. I'm building for the K60 tower. I assume I have some MQX lib build issue (which all went smooth), but find no reference to these warnings. Following any of the training videos exactly will never build without these warnings.

Anyone out there with a tip?

Thanks - Steve

0 Kudos
PetrM
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

these warnings are more like FYI.

They were left there so you can see, that some standard functions are overloaded and .flashx section is a kind of floating area placed at the end of the flash memory.

You can suppress the warnings in Project properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings ->Arm Linker -> Input.

Regards,

PetrM

0 Kudos
another_bug
Contributor I

PetrM,

C doesn't support overload, how come those functions been "overloaded"? I think that is just a bad programming practice in MQX source code.

0 Kudos
PetrM
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

sorry for confusion, I meant "override". So instead of library functions, the MQX functions are taken and used by linker.

Unfortunately I don't know how to disable those specific warnings. It also depends on compiler.

Regards,

PetrM

another_bug
Contributor I

I know how to remove the warnings, does freescalw want to pay?

0 Kudos
brad_ci
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. Are there pragmas I could use to hide just those specific instances of those warnings? I don't want to disable a type of warning alltogether and then end up missing a new warning that could come up in the future.

0 Kudos