CW PA v8.8:   how to get flash algorithm for Intel/Numonyx P30, only have J3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW PA v8.8:   how to get flash algorithm for Intel/Numonyx P30, only have J3

stevenMF
Contributor I

I see from another forum answer that CW for Coldfire has Intel P30 support for the flash programmer.   Where can I get P30 algorithms for CW PA v8.8.   I'm using an 8272 ADS evaluation board with supported flash type, but my target board will have P30 flash which is not in the available list.    I can edit the .xml file to add the P30 part, but there is no P30 algorithm to reference, eg. at  C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\bin\Plugins\Support\Flash_Programmer\EPPC

which otherwise has intel16x2j3.elf.   I need something like intel16x2P30.elf.   Looking at the J3 vs. P30 drivers at the intel website, I see that the P30 has added if-then-else code for "Top" vs. "Bottom", so I think using the J3 algorithm may not work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stevenMF
Contributor I

Update:   after looking at the driver code from the Intel site some more, I see that the differences relate to sector/block addresses, so these should be handled by updating the codewarrior flash tool's FPDeviceConfig.xml file.   I also found an exiting P30 part in that .xml file that used the j3 algorithm.   So I should be OK to just configure my part in the .xml file.

0 Kudos