Unable to run anything on TWRMCF51CN - Need Help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run anything on TWRMCF51CN - Need Help!

Jump to solution
JohnBabrick
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a TWRMCF51CN tower EVB with the serial board and the LCD module. I have Codewarrior 10.1 installed and MQX 3.7 installed. I appear to be able to build projects without error. However, when I go to try and download an executable to the tower I seem to get no indication that the program (any hello world program or demo/example) is doing anything. The debugger will apparently erase and program the board but I can get no indication that anything is happening - I was hoping that a printf statement would cause a message to display on the CW console, but nothing happens. No error messages, but I do get all sorts of messages that the target was laucnched.

Also, I was led to believe from the documents that came with the board that all I need to have between the board and the PC is a USB cable -  but with just the USB cable connected the board has power but the CW debugger says there is no connection to the board. If I also connect the  PE Micro USB Multilink to the BDM jack, I will get the board to erase and program as above, but cannot see anything happen.

Can anyone give me any advice on things to check?

Thanks in advance

John Babrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

the MQX default console (standard output/input) is set serial line - The setting required for your board can be found in C:\Users\Peta\MQX\doc\FSL_MQX_Getting_Started.pdf chapter 6.10 TWR-MCF51CN-KIT.

Default Console in this case is:
ttyb:
RS232 on TWR-SER board. 

PetrL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

the MQX default console (standard output/input) is set serial line - The setting required for your board can be found in C:\Users\Peta\MQX\doc\FSL_MQX_Getting_Started.pdf chapter 6.10 TWR-MCF51CN-KIT.

Default Console in this case is:
ttyb:
RS232 on TWR-SER board. 

PetrL

0 Kudos