Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler stuck on compiling TSS_SensorCTS.c

Jump to solution
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Dear all,

I am a newbie with Kinetis KwikStik K40, so please forgive me if I am asking for something obvious.

I am using CW 10.1 Special Edition under windows 7.

I can manage to compile and run the KwikStick software demo, which on tss folder includes TSS_SensorCTS.c file.

Now I have created my own MQX 3.7 project and added the TSS as described in document TSSUG rev 3.

The problem I get is quite weird:

when I try to build the project the compiler gets absolutely stuck while compiling the file:

TSS_SensorCTS.c

and gives me no clue about what it is doing.

This is the log on console and it remains like this until I cancel the build.

'Building file: ../Sources/tss/TSS_SensorCTS.c''Invoking: ARM Compiler'"L:/Freescale/CW_MCU_v10.1/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm" -gccinc @@"Sources/tss/TSS_SensorCTS.args" -o "Sources/tss/TSS_SensorCTS.obj" -c "../Sources/tss/TSS_SensorCTS.c" -MD -gccdep

I have no clue what is happening and why... 

What I can say is that there is some weird behaviour when I try to integrate TSS component according to the TSSUG document.

In particular:

a- (page 3-4): Processor Expert -> Import Package 

what package? there is one inside cw6 directory, but cw 10 is empty

b- (page 3-5): figure 3.5: I don't get at all the same view in ProcessorExpert Project: I don't have ProcessorExpert.pe file, nor the directories under it. BUT in the Kwikstik Demo SW these things are missing too, and it seems to work.

So is this integration necessary?

If yes, why adding the TSS_Library I don't have these parameters?

SUSPECT:

does a project that uses TSS need to be a ProcessorExpert Project?

Kwikstik demo doesn't seem to be.

If yes, is there any way to convert a MQX 3.7 project into a Processor Expert one?

Thanks for any help,

Mik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Sovled adding the macro:

TSS_USE_PE_COMPONENT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
moravcik
Contributor III

Hi Mik,

I'm developer of TSS, not KwikStick demo, but I will try to answer to your questions.

I'm expecting you have TSS 2.5. I don't see your project, but the issue with TSS_SensorCTS.c together with MQX looks like known bug, which will be fixed in the next release of TSS. I'm recommending to you use different measurement method than CTS. Kwikstick has probably implememnted pull up on each electrode, so you have to use just GPIO based measurement methods like GPIO, PTI, TIC, not TSI. You can setup it by macros TSS_Ex_TYPE in TSS_SystemSetup.h according to TSSUG.

I don't know what version of TSS you have, but I'm sure that TSS 2.5 has in directory \Freescale TSS 2.5\tools\pe_component\cw10 package with name com.freescale.mcu10_1.tss.win.v1_0_0.zip .

You have two options how to make from scratch TSS project under MQX3.7 in CodeWarrior 10:

1. The best way is to use TSS PE Component which you will install to Processor Expert by com.freescale.mcu10_1.tss.win.v1_0_0.zip. Then you will open from c:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\build\cw10\ bsp MQX project with "_pe" suffix. These MQX projects are intended for using with PE Components and contains ProcessorExpert.pe file. You can now select from Component Library TSS_Library Pe Component. Now you can setup all features of TSS and compile MQX bsp with TSS included inside. Then you can start your own project and you will attach compiled MQX libraries to your project with TSS inside. The advantage of this way is that you don't have to implement interrupts to MQX, setup TSS registers, write TSS_SystemSetup.h and write body of callbacks etc.

2. The next option is to use not PE Component way. That is the case of Kwikstik Demo SW which you mentioned. You will create directly your own project, then you will attach standard precompiled MQX libs, and you can now manauly put TSS files into the project. Then you have to manage whole setup of TSS manually, write TSS_SystemSetup.h, setup TSS registers. But very important is to implement TSS neccessary interrupts manually to MQX by _int_install_kernel_isr.

Best Regards

Peter Moravcik

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Peter,

I am still missing something:

Again:

>> a- (page 3-4): Processor Expert -> Import Package 

>> what package? there is one inside cw6 directory, but cw 10 is empty

> I don't know what version of TSS you have, but I'm sure that TSS 2.5 has in directory \Freescale TSS 2.5\tools\pe_component\cw10 package with name com.freescale.mcu10_1.tss.win.v1_0_0.zip

I am using 2.5, and there there is a .zip file (while in cw6 is a .peupd)

I am trying to import that .zip file, but I get the following error from CW:

"Import Processor Exper Packages has encountered a problem. Corrupted update package, Unknown LZH header"

In addition to that, when I go on SW -> Tools Library and I see

TSS_Library          High

nothing happens when I try to add that to my project and so I don't see the _PE files.

Are these two related?

Could you please post a non corrupted update package?

Thanks,

Mik

0 Kudos
moravcik
Contributor III

Hi Mik,

The PE Component files for CodeWarrior 6.3 has extension .PEupd, but for CodeWarrior 10.x it was changed to .zip file package for correct installation to CodeWarrior directory.

We tested com.freescale.mcu10_1.tss.win.v1_0_0.zip included in installer several times, but I put it to attachment for sure.

The folder \Freescale TSS 2.5\tools\pe_component\cw10\ contains also document How_to_install_Service_Pack_Updater_Archive_for_Eclipse_CodeWarrior.pdf for more details.

If you want to add pe component into the project then follow this procedure:

1. The project has to contain ProcessorExpert.pe file

2. Make focus on this project i.e. select this project by left mouse button click (eventually you can open ProcessorExpert.pe tree by click on '+' )

3. Select from Components Library TSS_Library pe component

4. Right mouse button click button on the componenet and select 'Add to project'

Best Regards

Peter Moravcik

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

More than frustrating:

I still get the same corrupted file error, even using the file you attached....

Are you using windows 7?

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

The only thing that comes to my mind at this point is that I don't have all the patches required for CW, or I have wrong versions of them.

I believe to have installed all patches that where mentioning Kinetis K40.

The pdf guide you mentioned is vague in this point as it says:

"STEP1: Retrieve the Service Pack Archive from the Freescale Web."

Could you please confirm which is the file name of that patch?

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Hi Peter,

reading carefully your explanation I have noticed that I failed to install properly TSS 2.5 first time.

Now I can see all _Pr properties in demo code, as you described.

I am now going to create my own TSS project and let you know if I don't succeed for some reason.

Thanks a lot for your precious help!

Mik

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Sovled adding the macro:

TSS_USE_PE_COMPONENT

0 Kudos