Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RNDIS in connection with web server example on K60 board

Jump to solution
fradie
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use the CDC device example VNIC (RNDIS) to run in conjunction with the web server example.

This would allow me to use a USB port instead of the Ethernet port to connect to a PC. The CDC VNIC is easier to use in comparison to the CDC Virtual COM.

Did someone already try this out? Where can I find additional information about the VNIC and how to adapt it to other modules in MQX?

Thank you - Frank

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi accutime,

USB CDC device is implemented, check the example in usb folder.

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
accutime
Contributor III

Hello Freescale and Friends of Freescale

Is someone (Freescale) able to answer this question - at least YES or NO (or Don't Know) would be helpful for engineers wishing to use the K60 with the exisiting USB Stack.

IS USB Device CDC Fully Implemented ?

If so we can use 100K of the K40 - else we need to go some where else unfortunately

Thanks a lot

Paul H

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi accutime,

USB CDC device is implemented, check the example in usb folder.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
Phil_CL
Contributor I

Hi Fradie,

Did you get anywhere with this,..... we are attempting the same thing with the K60, and the example project isn;t giving us much luck...

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

fradie
Contributor I

Hi Phil_CL,

sorry for answering so late. The provided VNIC (RNDIS) example is not a full implementation. It is enough to illustrate the connection at USB device class level, but the data transfer is not implemented. The example is actually missleading, since I thought at the beginning I would get the VNIC functionality with MQX. I am planning to do this myself, but it will take some time.

Regards - Frank

0 Kudos