cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about charge pump usage on K40

Jump to solution
EthernetHelp
Contributor II

I was plannung to use a K10 on a project, but for lack of stock i am a K40 for the prototype... i won't need the LCD, so the chargepump got no use to me... can i leave the VLLx and VCAPx pins unconnected (with the chargepump turned off). 

I won't be using the RTC either... can i leave the Vbat pin unconnected either.. or should i supply 3v3 on that?

Thank yoiu!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EthernetHelp
Contributor II

I got my ticket response. Just for information for others that may have the same doubt. You can leave LCD charge pump pins unconnected if you are not using the LCD. As commented before you can also leave VBAT unconnected if not using RTC. 

Cya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dekiru
Contributor IV

For VBAT, you can leave it unconnected if you don't use RTC module (Don't touch its register at all, otherwise hardware failure will happen). You can see in kwikstik errata, in early versions they don't have VBAT connected...

You can think a bout similar thing for LCD and try, but I think it may be better if you fire a ticket to their support.

Regards

0 Kudos
EthernetHelp
Contributor II

I got my ticket response. Just for information for others that may have the same doubt. You can leave LCD charge pump pins unconnected if you are not using the LCD. As commented before you can also leave VBAT unconnected if not using RTC. 

Cya

0 Kudos