Danny Boyle

CodeWarrior not working with other Companies Software

Discussion created by Danny Boyle on Aug 26, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 by Tom Thompson

I have been fighting to get CodeWarrior for DSC`s to work for a little more than a week with no luck.  I have been unsuccessful in get my Windows XP machine - service pack 3, to recognize the USB TAP device I have.  It will recognize the device after a Windows reset with the utap plugged into the USB port.  I did an installation of the software on my Vista notebook and it was recognized and CCS also opened a connection for the utap and worked as expected with the MC56F8013 Demo.  This indicates to me that there is nothing wrong with the utap.

The Windows box must have a conflict with some of the other installed software.  This XP machine has Orcad 15.7, ONET 14.5, Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as well as CodeWarrior.  My Vista notebook has none of this software installed.

Have you seen anything like this before, if not do you have any troubleshooting ideas?

Should there be a Jungo device in the device manager? There is one on my Vista machine but not on the XP box.

Under System Devices in the device manager there is an appearance for CodeWarrior USB TAP as well as XP after reset recognition.

Thanks for Any help you can give

Outcomes